Merry Edwards Winery is dedicated to creating exceptional wines and memorable experiences. We are always seeking talented, motivated individuals to join our team. To submit your résumé for consideration for future tasting room openings, please email email@example.com. We are currently seeking a Consumer Sales Specialist (email firstname.lastname@example.org or see our ad here: Winejobs.com) as well as harvest interns for the 2021 season (email email@example.com or see our ad here: Winejobs.com).
The individual in this role will need the ability to multitask, and maintain focus and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. The Consumer Sales Specialist is often the first point of contact for anyone calling the winery, so a positive, can-do attitude is required. In addition, the person occupying this role will recognize the opportunity for process improvement and have the ability to drive projects to execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other tasks may be assigned):
• Field inbound phone, email, web-based, fax and mail orders
• Field inbound calls regarding tasting reservations, wholesale inquiries and other topics, and transfer calls as necessary
• Curate and execute outbound sales campaigns based on current customer base
• Educate customers about the wines, the region and the Merry Edwards Winery brand story
• Physically process orders: input sales, charge credit cards and arrange shipment of wines
• Stay current on compliance rules and shipping processes to relay accurate information to customers
• Be willing to think outside the box to go above and beyond and deliver the best customer service experience possible
• Serve as alternate host for on-site tasting appointments (may include weekends)
Spring and Fall Wine Release Specific
• Accurately and efficiently process allocation orders from initial offer: mail, fax, phone, email and web
• Help curate and execute the follow-up calling campaign that targets people who did not purchase during initial release period
• Continue to identify ways to improve the allocation process to build a better experience for our guests
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate data manipulation and analytics skills
- Previous experience with e-commerce platforms, POS and reservation systems
- Experience with inventory management and tracking
- Minimum AA degree
- Fine Wine Sales preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Be seated for long periods of time
- Be able to manage a multi-line phone system
- Be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds (approx. weight of a case of wine)
Submit résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merry Edwards is a state-of-the-art winery located in California’s Russian River Valley, focused on producing world-class Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. Our facility offers modern technologies and equipment and the opportunity to learn how to operate in a premium winemaking environment. The ideal candidate is a team player with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to undertake the tasks needed for smooth operation of our facility. Those selected will be fully trained in our standard operating procedures and will participate in all aspects of winemaking, from grape to bottle.
Duties and responsibilities include: sanitation, bottling line work, running crush equipment, barrel work, punch downs, juice/wine transfers, additions and other work as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous experience and formal education preferred
- Motivated and passionate about wine
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and work extended hours in a physically demanding environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to strict safety procedures.
Start Date: TBA, hiring will begin early in the year for 2021 harvest
Submit résumé to: email@example.com